Friday, March 31, 2006

Highrise Dude Goes Shitty In Pantsy.....Asahito Nanjo's 'Greed' lp

A "solo" record from Highrise mainman Asahito Nanjo, homemade paste on jacket, #'d edition of 250......I don't have to tell you that going for my wallet to procure this was like a moth to a light. Even the 25$ price tag couldn't stop me. Even the fact that Makoto Kawabata-whose Acid Mother's Temple is one of the most supremely overrated bands going- participates couldn't keep this out of my mitts. No, I had to have it. In the words of Jon Anderson, I was "going for the one". Then I went home & played it. What I got was more like number two.
Supposedly 'Greed' is based on the 1st Ash Ra Temple lp ( or something to that effect) & you know what? I'll take their word for it. That's a pretty quiet record. 'Greed' isn't so quiet as it is thin. It's also mournful, plodding, turgid, brooding, directionless & under produced. Or if you like, it's a diner coffee version of a Fushitsusha lp.Maybe if I pranced around in leather & sunglasses all day long this might make sense to me. But right now the only thing that's making sense if how I can unload this & get my money back. If buying & collecting bellicose Japanese neo psych is the sort of thing that keeps your cash jumpin, boy have I got a bridge to sell you! Or go to www.forcedexposure.com

2 comments:

200lbu said...

In the words of Jon Anderson, I was "going for the one". Then I went home & played it. What I got was more like number two.

T.J.-- Have I ever told you you're my hero?

You are the wind beneath my wings--TR

tfcbrian said...

I'll give you $10 for it.a quick yes appreciated otherwise I'll buy me another copy